Click here for the
Prospective Member Information
as of 6 Apr 2017
Who May Join?
- Membership in TRRC is open to U.S. citizens who are at least 18 years of age. Membership runs for one year from the date of joining.
Cost of Membership and How to Pay
- The cost for a new membership:
- $35 - one-time initiation fee
- $100 - yearly membership dues
- $50 + $4.95 tax - yearly range-use fee
- A Spouse Membership is available, which allows the member's lawful spouse full use of Club facilities.
- $25 + $2.48 tax - yearly range-use fee
- We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, and MasterCard as forms of payment; sorry, no American Express and Discover cards..
How to Sign Up
- E-mail email@example.com and provide your contact information.
- You will then be added to the waiting list to attend a new member class. The waiting list is currently about eight months long.
- All prospective members are required to attend a mandatory new member class before being allowed to join. New member classes are held once each month.
- Classes are filled from the waiting list immediately after the previous class. People on the waiting list will be contacted by e-mail to fill the next class. You will need to confirm that you can attend that class. Please respond quickly.
- If cancellations occur during the month before a class, these openings will also be filled from the waiting list. Please respond quickly to these e-mails. You will have two opportunities to join classes to maintain your place on the waiting list.
New Member Class Information
- This class takes about two hours, and includes a walking tour of club facilities. Please dress for the weather.
- The new member class dates are listed below:
- May 3, 2017 (Wednesday) 6pm
- June 7, 2017 (Wednesday) 6pm
- July 5, 2017 (Wednesday) 6pm
- August 2, 2017 (Wednesday) 6pm
- September 6, 2017 (Wednesday) 6pm
- October 1, 2017 (Sunday) 10am
- November 5, 2017 (Sunday) 10am
- December 3, 2017 (Sunday) 10am
- Class begins promptly at the time indicated. If you arrive after the class starts, you will not be allowed into the class. Arrival about 10 to 15 minutes early is best.
- When you arrive for the class, you will be greeted at the Club's front gate by a Membership Team member, and will be given directions to the classroom.
- Prospective members will be required to provide photo identification and sign a statement that they are familiar with the basic rules of firearms safety and will follow TRRC rules and policies.
- At the completion of the training, members may join by payment of the dues and fees.
- New members are provided with a copy of the recent TRRC newsletter and a copy of the range rules.
TRRC Pistol Qualification Program
- In order for any member to shoot a pistol on any of our ranges, a member must complete the Pistol Qualification Program.
- The program involves a one hour classroom training session, held in the Club's classroom, followed by a range competency evaluation done at the Pistol Range. The competency evaluation is performed using your own pistol and ammunition. It involves loading and shooting a total of 10 rounds, in three separate stages. The member is evaluated on safe handling skills and the ability to hit a 2' by 2' target, placed at 15 yards, with all 10 rounds.
- The classroom training is held on the second Saturday of every month, beginning at 9:00AM sharp. No pistols or ammunition are allowed in the classroom.
- Also at 9:00AM on the second Saturday of the month, Range Safety Officers will be stationed at the Pistol Range for non-qualified members, who have previously attended the classroom training, to practice or qualify.
- The range competency checks will be performed at the Pistol Range immediately after the classroom training, from about 10:00AM to about 11:00AM. NRA certified firearms instructors will be available at the Pistol Range during this time to provide assistance and training to members. This instruction is available to members before they attempt qualification, if they desire, or if questions arise during their shooting test.